Contilio’s 3D AI platform delivers significant benefits by automating the progress tracking and quality verification processes for the industry. In addition, critical delay and quality risks are identified and swiftly resolved, reducing waste (up to 5%) and rework cost (up to 25%), and improving delivery cost and sustainability throughout construction and during operations. This will be enabled by:
- Automatic and timely verification of installation quality for 100% of work installed and timely identification and communication of rework issues results in reduced rework costs.
- Reduced waste (material, travel, paper, resources) linked to delayed and reactive identification of only some of installation errors based on spot checks with significant knock-on effects.
- Cross portfolio/package efficiencies and lower operations costs from predictable outcomes, insights, and early warning signs (predictive insights), enabling intelligence from one part to be applied to other work packages/ parts of the value chain and empowering cross-portfolio learnings, and synergies.
- Reduced quality issues during construction and having access to smart digital twins that can be read/connected to other data for smart operations, reduces the maintenance costs, optimising operations.
Contilio was founded by Zara Riahi who brings significant experience in global management, operational/commercial and engineering prior to Contilio, driving growth and productivity for multinationals and startups in US, Canada, the UK and Australia.
As a result of the support and credibility from its two Innovate UK projects, Contilio has been highly successful in raising private market capital. In early 2021, Contilio closed an additional £1.5m round of funding from venture capitalists, with the goal of accelerating the onboarding and servicing its strategic customers and aims to use this momentum to raise an additional 5-10m 2021.
Contilio has also secured many blue-chip customers in and outside the UK, with five EU customers and two American customers, and several more from the EU, North America, and South America in advanced stages of their sales pipeline.
Contilio’s 3D AI platform delivers significant productivity benefits, including increased productivity operational efficiency and site safety, by:
- Significantly reducing the manual operations and reactive reporting/risk management required, by providing its customers with scalable and automated processes to track progress and installation quality.
- Lowering the need for site travel (by 50%) to track progress, quality, and to manage rework and delay issues/risks, by providing the actionable intelligence digitally from the comfort of a cloud-based platform, 24/7.
- Automatically augmenting the BIM and programme with the latest insights as opposed to manually updating these only partially.
- Helping its customers and other stakeholders access the same information centrally from the same source of truth (digital twin) throughout construction, reducing the complexity and number of interfaces.
A significant focus of this investment is to save time by automating construction progress and installation quality processes. Currently, there is a lack of real-time visibility on construction sites, and lots of manual, time-consuming site checks. This innovation will provide increased certainty and reduced risks during the construction stage, covering over 80% of the process from structural components all the way through architectural, services, and some parts of internal fit-outs.
Contilio has seen significant time savings for two customers through ongoing pilots. Since the beginning of its development, Contilio’s platform has reduced the time it takes for its 3D AI to deliver its actionable insights from over 80-160 hours to between 4-16 hours, putting critical information in the hands of key decision makers sooner and with increased accuracy.
It has helped several customers and partners establish best-practice data collection strategies for scaled deployment.